The Mail on Sunday, which is currently facing a defamation lawsuit by Meghan Markle is once again under fire as the Duchess’s lawyer made recent allegations. Meghan’s attorney Justin Rushbrooke has alleged that the publication is misusing court documents to create sensational articles for its website.
“Other litigants don’t make commercial fodder out of the other side’s pleadings,” said Rushbrooke in his appeal to the court, emphasizing to provide security to Meghan’s friends and witnesses in the litigation lawsuit.
Meghan Markle herself in the witness statement said, “For the Mail on Sunday to expose them in the public domain for no reason other than clickbait and commercial gain is vicious and poses a threat to their [friends] emotional and mental wellbeing.”
The Duchess of Sussex is suing Associated Newspapers, publisher of the Mail on Sunday for an article printed last year which carried parts of her 2018 handwritten letter to her father Thomas Markle.