At least 101 new patients on Sunday tested positive for COVID-19 infection in Balochistan, surging the provincial tally to 3,407.
Dr. Muhammad Wasim Baig, the media coordinator of provincial Health Directorate Coronavirus Cell stated that at least 51,113 people were tested for the infection till May 24, of which 101 were reported positive within 24 hours.
“Up to 875 coronavirus patients have been recovered so far while 40 died due to the deadly infection in Balochistan,” the official notified.
The provincial government, on May 21, took the decision to extend the smart lockdown continuing till June 2 across Balochistan.
The spokesperson of the Balochistan government, Liaquat Shahwani had said that the decision to ban public transport had been continued to contain the spread of the deadly virus, especially in rural areas of the province.
“It is expected that with transport services ‘resumption, the COVID-19 infection will spread to our villages and remote areas,” he had said.
“About 30% districts of Balochistan are safe from the highly contagious disease.