6 Pakistan Army officials have been martyred, including two majors in a helicopter crash in Balochistan’s Harnai area, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said on Monday.
“All six personnel on board, including two pilots, have embraced shahadat after a helicopter crashed during a flying mission near Khost in Harnai, Balochistan,” ISPR said.
The martyred officials were identified as:
- 39-year-old Major Khurram Shahzad (pilot), a resident of Attock. He was married with one daughter.
- 30-year-old Major Muhammad Muneeb Afzal (pilot), a resident of Rawalpindi. He was married with two sons.
- 44-year-old Subedar Abdul Wahid, a resident of Sabirabad village in Karak. He was married with four children, including three sons and a daughter.
- 27-year-old Sepoy Muhamad Imran, a resident of Makhdoompur in Khanewal. He was married with two daughters and a son.
- 30-year-old Naik Jalil, a resident of village Bhutta, Lohara, Teh Kharian in Gujrat district. He was married with two sons.
- 35-year-old Sepoy Shoaib, a resident of village Khatarphatti PO Syeeda Teh Jhand in Attock district. He was married with one son.
The cause of the crash is yet to be identified.
Following the devastating news, political leaders have extended their condolences and concerns as this is the second incident of this nature within a few weeks.
Reacting to the news of the latest crash, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif said that he was deeply grieved.
He also prayed for the deceased and their family members, adding that the entire nation shared the grief of the bereaved.
ہرنائی بلوچستان میں پاک فوج کے ہیلی کاپٹر کے حادثے میں 2 پائلٹس سمیت 6 فوجی اہلکاروں کی شہادت پر دل شدید دکھی اور رنجیدہ ہے۔اللہ تعالی سے دعا ہے کہ وہ شہداء کو جنت الفردوس میں جگہ عطا فرمائے اور ان کے لواحقین کو صبر جمیل دے۔ پوری قوم غمزدہ خاندانوں کے دکھ میں شریک ہے۔
— Shehbaz Sharif (@CMShehbaz) September 26, 2022
Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah and Climate Change Minister Sherry Rehman offered their condolences over the lives lost in the crash.
ہرنائی ہیلی کاپٹر حادثے میں پاک افواج کے افسروں اور اہلکاروں کی شہادت پر شدید دکھ ہوا، شہداء کی بلندی درجات اور اہلِ خانہ کیلئے صبر جمیل کی دعا۔ ہیلی کاپٹر حادثہ انتہائی المناک ہے۔ شہادتوں کی اطلاع پر دلی رنج ہوا۔ وطن کی حفاظت میں جام شہادت نوش کرنے والے شہداء قوم کے محسن ہیں۔
— Rana SanaUllah Khan (@RanaSanaullahPK) September 26, 2022
My deepest condolences for the heroes who lost their lives in the helicopter crash in Harnai today. Prayers & duas 🤲🏼for the families of Major Khurram Shahzad,Major Muhammad Muneeb Afzal,Subedar Abdul Wahid,Sepoy Muhamad Imran,Naik Jalil & Sepoy Shoaib. May they rest in peace 🙏 pic.twitter.com/I8wiXgb7hg
— SenatorSherryRehman (@sherryrehman) September 26, 2022
PTI Senior Vice President Fawad Chaudhry said that helicopter flying was getting dangerous, adding that this required “engineering evaluation”.
Heli flying is getting dangerous this needs engineering evaluation, too many crashes …RIP Braveheart’s all were too young to die اللہ صبر دے https://t.co/dM68MgQxJL
— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) September 26, 2022