Here is the list of Industries that are to be opened under Pakistan’s two-week extended lockdown.
Medical Stores, Fuel, Media, Banks, Relief Activities, Grocery stores, Hospitals, and food stores are already opened (including those related and relevant supply chain are also open)
These places will be opened as per the SOPs already issued to the provinces.
The following industries will be now opened under a new two-week extended lockdown in Pakistan:
– Chemical Manufacturing plants
– e-commerce for export
– Software development firms
– Paper and packaging
– Industries who have labour on their premises
– Machinery making units for agriculture
– Glass manufacturing will be opened
– Veterinary Services
– Books and Stationery Stores
– Export Industries with export orders verified by trade boards
As being reported, this is an ongoing process, and it will be reviewed before Ramadan by the govt. to see what else can be opened.
Electricians, Plumbers, Rehri Walas, Chapar Walas are to be opened in KPK and Punjab only.
Construction sectors to be opened in phases:
– Brick, cement, crushing plants, pre fab materials, and other fundamentals will be opened immediately in Phase 1.
– Construction sites will be opened in KPK and Punjab will be opened immediately, Balochistan and Sindh and GB have different opinions
Federal Minister for Economic Affairs Division Hammad Azhar has said that all provinces showed agreement to reopen the construction sector amid coronavirus lockdown.
Hammad Azhar, while addressing a joint press conference alongside Prime Minister Imran Khan, special advisers, and ministers after attending National Coordination Committee (NCC) meeting, said that provinces were consulted for the resumption of activities of the construction sector and the country has unanimously decided to reopen it.
Hammad Azhar elaborated some other units as well during the COVID-19 lockdown which has been extended to two weeks.
He said that e-commerce, software development, paper packaging unit, cement plants, fertilizers, mines, and minerals plants will also be reopened.