Intermediate examinations across the country would be held after June 15, Federal Minister for Education Shafqat Mahmood announced.
The minister, while appearing in Geo News’ programme “Capital Talk” on Tuesday, said that the coronavirus situation was getting better in the country due to vaccinations and other steps taken by the government.
“I am very hopeful,” he said about holding examinations.
“If examinations do not take place then no one will study. And that is why the O/A- level exams that have been postponed, will be conducted in October and November,” he added.
Shafqat Mahmood and Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Health Dr. Faisal Sultan last month had announced that all board exams had been postponed till June 15.
The decision was made as per the suggestion of the National Command and Operation Centre, amid a surge in COCID-19 cases.