Following the second day of continued bombarding from Israel on Gaza Strip, at least 24 innocent Palestinians have been martyred in airstrikes, after the assassination of Islamic Jihad leader Bahaa Abu al-Atta and his wife, Asmaa, on Tuesday morning.
A spokesman of the President of Palestine said the Israeli escalation must immediately stop.
He called on the international community to immediately intervene to pressure Israel to stop its continued aggression and respect international law.
The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) has strongly condemned the Israeli aggression against Palestinians.
In a statement, OIC held Israel accountable for the consequences of this dangerous escalation. It called upon the international community to shoulder its responsibilities towards providing international protection for the Palestinian people.
Meanwhile, the health ministry of Palestine released the names and ages of those martyred. The ministry has said that most of those killed were civilians.
- Bahaa Salim Hasan Abu al-Atta, 42 years old
- Rani Fayez Rajab Abu el-Nasr, 35 years old
- Ibrahim Ahmed Abdul Latif al-Dabous, 26 years old
- Mohammed Atia Musleh Hamodeh, 20 years old
- Abdullah Awad Sakeb al-Balbisi, 26 years old
- Zaki Mohammed Adnan Ghanameh, 25 years old
- Jehad Ayman Ahmed Abu Khater, 22 years old
- Khaled Muawad Salem Faraj, 38 years old
- Abdul Salam Ramadan Ahmed Ahmed, 28 years old
- Wael Abdul-Aziz Abdel-Nabi, 43 years old
- Asmaa Mohammed Hasan Abu al-Atta, 39 years old
- Ibrahim Ayman Fathy Abdel Aal, 17 years old
- Alaa Jabr Abd Shtiewy, 32 years old
- Suhail Khader Khalil Qunieteh, 28 years old
- Islam Raafat Mohammed Ayyad, 19 years old
- Raafat Mohammed Salman Ayyad, 54 years old
- Amir Raafat Mohammed Ayyad, eight years old
- Ismail Aymen Fathy Abdel Aal, 16 years old
- Momen Mohammed Salman Qaddoum, 25 years old
- Mahmoud Daham Mahmoud Hathat, 19 years old
- Ahmed Aymen Fathy Abdel Aal, 23 years old
- Mohammed Abdullah Sulieman Sharab, 28 years old
- Haitham Hafez Mohammed al-Bakri, 22 years old
- Yousef Rizk Khalil Abu Kamile, 35 years old
According to Middle East Eye, the Israeli government has called up several hundred reserve soldiers, as the Israeli army continues to strike the Gaza Strip following the assassination of a senior Islamic Jihad military leader in the besieged Palestinian territory.
Tensions in the region escalated when rockets were fired from the Gaza Strip towards Israel following the targeted assassination.