On Sunday country reported 199 coronavirus-related deaths and 6,127 new positive cases.
The number is the second-highest coronavirus fatalities since the pandemic started last year.
Pakistanis seem to have let their guard down against COVID-19 as there is a constant increase in positive cases despite the government’s stern warnings to follow coronavirus SOPs.
The positivity ratio of the corona cases across the country was 8.52 percent.
While the condition of 4,149 patients is stated to be critical, out of which 520 are reportedly on ventilators.
- 88% of vents allocated for COVID patients in Gujranwala have been occupied (88% day before yesterday)
- Vent occupancy in Lahore has been reported at 81% (81% day before yesterday)
- 81% of vents allocated for COVID patients in Multan have been occupied. (81% day before yesterday)
- 55% of vents allocated for COVID patients in ICT have been occupied. (50% day before yesterday)
- Pakistan has reported4,527COVID recoveries during the last 24 hours.
Punjab reported the highest number of fatalities 62 deaths. While 14 have been reported from District Lahore only.
Statistics 18 April 21:— NCOC (@OfficialNcoc) April 18, 2021
Total Tests in Last 24 Hours: 71,836
Positive Cases: 6,127
Positivity % : 8.52%
Deaths : 149
The countrywide breakdown of cases in the last 24 hours is as follows:
- Punjab: 3,562 cases and 62 deaths
- Sindh: 532 cases and 3 deaths
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: 958 cases and 35 deaths
- Balochistan: 62
- Islamabad: 650 cases and 5 deaths
- Gilgit Baltistan: 2
- Azad Jammu and Kashmir: 145 cases and 6 deaths
Meanwhile, the President of Pakistan Dr. Arif Alvi urges the implementation of Covid SOPs as the country reports the highest number of cases in a single day.
6127 new Covid-19 cases reported yesterday, close to the peak in the 1st wave of 6825 on Jun 13. So PLEASE implement SOPs.— The President of Pakistan (@PresOfPakistan) April 18, 2021
1- Wear Masks
2- Implement social distancing in bazaars and all activities
3- Ensure 3ft distance in masjid prayers تراویح & فرض
3. Wash hands frequently