On May 21, 4,007 people had tested positive for the virus.
With the new cases reported, Pakistan’s total number of cases since the pandemic began has reached 1,008,446.
According to the National Command and Operation Centre, 49,947 tests were conducted in the last 24 hours, while the positivity rate has surged to 7.5%.
Furthermore, the country has reported 1,641 coronavirus recoveries during the last 24 hours, according to the government’s portal for tracking the spread of the virus in the country.
Region-wise breakdown of Covid-19 cases and deaths is as follows:
- Sindh: 2,308 cases, 19 deaths
- Punjab: 556 cases, 5 deaths
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: 298 cases, 3 deaths
- Islamabad: 261 cases, 1 death
- Azad Jammu and Kashmir: 207 cases
- Balochistan: 77 cases, 3 deaths
- Gilgit Baltistan: 45 cases, 1 death
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Covid-19 infections reported in the last 24 hours more than double the number of the previous day’s cases (132) and the highest since June 12.
Pakistan’s Covid-19 cases, positivity rate soar to the highest levels since May which is a wakeup call to follow COVID SOPs strictly.