It has the highest number of cases reported since April 23 when 5,908 people had tested positive for coronavirus.
According to the National Command and Operation Centre, 62,462 tests were conducted during the last 24 hours. The total number of cases has increased to 1,053,660 and the death toll is 23,635.
Meanwhile, the coronavirus positivity rate surged to 9.06 %.
Sindh’s COVID-19 cases tally now stands at 392,433 and the death toll has climbed to 6,098.
The region-wise breakdown of reported coronavirus cases and fatalities is as follows:
- Sindh: 2,734 cases, 29 deaths
- Punjab: 1,173 cases, 18 deaths
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: 623 cases, 8 deaths
- Azad Jammu and Kashmir: 477 cases, 2 deaths
- Islamabad: 441 cases, 1 death
- Balochistan: 131 cases, 1 death
- Gilgit Baltistan: 82 cases, 1 death
Furthermore, 6,787 people have recovered from the coronavirus in Pakistan in the past 24 hours, taking the country’s total to 952,616, according to the government’s Covid-19 portal.
The country’s recovery rate is 90.4 per cent while 4,050 virus patients are in critical condition.