Peshawar gets smart lockdown imposed in a few COVID hotspot areas from today!
According to a notification issued from the office of the deputy commissioner of Peshawar, the smart lockdown has been imposed in parts of Peshawar district to control the spread of the Covid-19 disease.
“Smart lockdown would come into effect from 9 pm on August 13 (today) and shall remain in force till further orders,” the notification added.
The areas to go under smart lockdown include:
- Bara Gate area bound by Bara road and Al Faisal street
- Charsadda Road area bound by Canal Road, Charsadda Road, and Pajjagi Link Road
- Mahal Terai area bound by Dalazak Road and Ring Road
- Street No 1, Darmangi Garden, Warsak Road
As per the notification:
- No entry or exit would be allowed to these localities except for people supplying essential commodities.
- All types of gatherings would be strictly prohibited. All shops — apart from essential services such as pharmacies and general stores — would also remain closed.
- Additionally, congregations in mosques would be limited to five people.