The provincial administration has imposed a smart lockdown in five areas in Peshawar after being identified as hotspots of COVID-19 cases.
According to a notification issued by the Peshawar deputy commissioner, the lockdown will be imposed from 6 pm today and will remain in place until further orders.
During the lockdown, all gatherings will be prohibited, shops other than those of essential services will remain closed and congregations in mosques will be limited to five people.
The areas under smart lockdown are as following:
1. Streets 7-11, Sector E-VI, Phase VII, Hayatabad
2. Streets 1, 1-A and 2, Sector N-IV, Phase IV, Hayatabad
3. University Town area, bound by Circular Lane, Park Road, and Old Jamrud Road
4. Hayatabad Industrial Estate, bound by Industrial Estate Road, Wazirdund Canal, National Highway 5, Polyfine Chemfarma Road
5. Peshawar Cantt area, bound by Gulberg Road, Stadium Road, and Qayyum Sports Complex
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has reported 180 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, taking the province’s tally l to 47,370.