Sindh announces closure of universities till July 31 as Covid cases rise.
According to a Sindh Home Department order issued on Saturday, the provincial government has decided to close private and public universities effective immediately till July 31.
New restrictions in Sindh effective from July 26:
- Indoor and outdoor dining at restaurants will be banned
- Shopping malls and markets will be allowed to remain open from 6 am to 6 pm
- All educational institutions will remain closed, but exams will be held as per schedule
- Marriage functions at wedding halls and other events will not be allowed
- Shrines will also remain closed
- Fridays and Saturdays will be observed as safe days
- Offices and in public and private sectors will be allowed to remain open with 50pc occupancy