The provincial health secretary informed the meeting that the COVID positivity ratio of the province has climbed to 10.3%, while the provincial capital’s ratio is at 21.58%.
The COVID-19 restrictions to be from Monday 26, July are as following:
- Shopping malls and markets will operate from 6 am to 6 pm.
- The timing restrictions will not apply to pharmacies and bakeries.
- Indoor and outdoor dining at restaurants has been banned. Only takeaways are allowed.
- Public and private offices have been instructed to call in 50% of their workforce.
- Shrines across the province will be closed once again.
- Ban imposed on weddings and other events.
- Schools will remain closed, while exams will continue as per schedule.
The Sindh government has decided to write the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) and the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) to get the mobile sims of unvaccinated people blocked as the fourth COVID-19 wave grips the country.
Adviser to Chief Minister Sindh Murtaza Wahab in a tweet on Friday said that the Sindh government has decided to approach the NCOC and the PTA that mobile sims of unvaccinated people should be blocked.
#SindhGovt has decided to write to NCOC & PTA that mobile sims of unvaccinated people should be blocked— Murtaza Wahab Siddiqui (@murtazawahab1) July 23, 2021
Furthermore, the chief minister has also directed to stop salaries of unvaccinated government employees from the next month, and the instructions have been issued in this regard to the secretary of finance.