The government of Sindh has ordered the closure of marriage halls, cinemas and shrines across the province for three weeks.
The order has been issued in order to prevent the spread of deadly COVID-19 virus.
Two new cases of COVID-19 were reported in Karachi on Saturday. The total number of cases in Sindh has reached 17.
Meanwhile, all recreational sites under the administrative control of the Karachi Metropolitan Corporation have been closed for the public over coronavirus threat.
Mayor Karachi Wasim Akhtar has said that all recreational sites including the Karachi Zoo, Safari Park and Landhi-Korangi Zoo have been closed for an indefinite period.
Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah on Saturday has directed officials to establish a quarantine room in each district to combat the spread of coronavirus, as the province reported another case of the virus.
Meanwhile, while chairing a meeting of the provincial task force on COVID-19 on Saturday, the CM Sindh also directed the Sukkur commissioner to begin screening Zaireens coming in from the Iran-Pakistan border at Taftan, adding that he was personally monitoring the situation and will stay in touch with the Sukkur commissioner over the matter.
Briefing at the meeting, CM said there were a total of 853 Zaireens at the border. Therefore, more preparations were required in this regard to prevent any untoward situation, he further added.
Furthermore, the provincial government had also established 12 isolation centers.
- Chandka Medical College
- Ghulam Muhammad Mahar Medical College
- Gambat Institute of Medical Science
- Jacobabad Institute of Medical Science
- Jinnah Postgraduate Medical College
- Dow University of Health Sciences Ojha Campus
- Civil Hospital Karachi
- Lyari General Hospital
- Liaqat University in Hyderabad and its campus in Jamshoro
- Peoples University of Medical and Health Sciences for Women in Benazirabad
- Civil Hospital Mirpurkhas
The first batch of Zaireens from the Iran-Pakistan border at Taftan had entered the province and a separate quarantine facility had been established for them in Sukkur.
According to Wahab Riaz, “A total 308 people were moved from the Taftan Border to the quarantine facility in Sukkur. They will be kept here for the next 14 days. If they test negative for coronavirus, they will be allowed to leave.”
Wahab said there were a total of 853 Zaireens at the Taftan Border, who will later be shifted to the quarantine facility, adding that the facility had the capacity to hold 2,048 people.