Sindh has imposed new lockdown restrictions to control the spread of the coronavirus in the province.
The chief minister of Sindh also issued instructions to the provincial police chief to stop the public from driving around for reasons other than emergencies and crucial work.
The restrictions across the province are being tightened amid a surge in Covid infections.
کل سے رات 8 بجے کے بعد لوگوں کو شہر میں غیرضروری گھومنے کی اجازت نہیں ہوگی— CMHouseSindh (@SindhCMHouse) May 24, 2021
لوگوں کو غیرضروری گاڑیوں میں گھومنے سے روکیں، وزیراعلیٰ سندھ نے آئی جی پولیس کو ہدایت دیدی
اگرکسی کو اسپتال یاکسی ضروری کام سے نکلنا ہو تو اسکو اجازت دی جائے
پارکس کی لائیٹس مغرب کےبعد بند کرنے کا فیصلہ
A new notification in this regard has been issued by the Sindh Home Department, stating:
- Business timings will be from 5 am to 6 pm, while bakeries and milk shops will be allowed to operate till midnight.
- Pharmacies in shopping malls and superstores will also have to close by 6 pm and indoor or outdoor dining will not be allowed at restaurants. However, delivery and takeaway will be allowed.
- Public transport — intercity, intra-city and inter-provincial — will also be allowed subject to 50 percent occupancy and compliance with Covid SOPs.
- All education institutions including schools, colleges, and universities will also remain closed for a further two weeks, till the situation improves or till further review by the provincial task force on Covid-19.
- Fridays and Sundays will also be observed as closed days by businesses across the province except for Hyderabad where Fridays and Saturdays will be observed as closed days instead.
Furthermore, a micro smart lockdown has also been imposed in several areas of Karachi’s District Central after the emergence of new Covid-19 cases.
The areas where the smart lockdown has been imposed include Federal B Area, Sharafabad, Azizabad, Rizvia Society, FC Area, Nazimabad, Paposh Nagar, North Karachi, and North Nazimabad.
The smart lockdown in Covid hotspots is being imposed for a period of two weeks, a notification issued by District Central Deputy Commissioner Raja Dharejo stated.