Sindh has reported 13 COVID-19 deaths in the province and 361 new cases in the past 24 hours.
Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah in a statement on Thursday said that the total number of COVID-19 deaths in the province has reached 2,512.
According to a statement issued from the CM House, 11689 samples were tested against which 361 cases were detected that constituted a three percent infection rate.
CM said out of 361 new cases 249 have been detected from Karachi, adding that 85 from South, 66 in District East, 37 in District Central, 36 in Malir District, 17 in Korangi, and eight from District West.
Meanwhile, Badin has 19 cases, Hyderabad 12, Dadu seven, Ghotki six, Jamshoro five, Mirpukhas three, Naushehroferoze, Kambar, Larkana, and Sukkut have two each, Matiari, Shaheed Benazirabad, Shikarpur and Thatta one each.
So far 1,374,768 tests have been conducted which led towards diagnosing 137,467 cases all over Sindh, out of them 95 percent or 130,510 patients have recovered, including 158 overnight.
The CM said that currently, 4445 patients were under treatment, of them 4161 in-home isolation, seven at isolation centers, and 277 at different hospitals.
Read More: Sindh reports 242 new COVID-19 cases, 4 deaths
CM Sindh has urged people to follow the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to contain the spread of coronavirus.
Amid a spike in COVID-19 cases in Karachi this week, a mini-smart lockdown has been imposed in two areas of Manghopir.
According to the official notification, released by the Deputy Commissioner Karachi West’s office, a two-week lockdown has been imposed in the two areas in Manghopir- Saima Villas and Samama City.
Both have a combined population of 4,000 people approximately.