Adviser to the Sindh Chief Minister Murtaza Wahab in a press conference stated that ease in a few restrictions including the resumption of small public transport (taxi, cab, rickshaw, qinquis) was aimed at encouraging people to visit vaccination centres in their respective areas.
The provincial government notified of the following revisions in the coronavirus lockdown restrictions:
- Milk shops, bakeries, and carriage vehicles for dairy products are exempted from timing restrictions, i.e: 6 pm to 6 am.
- Home delivery from restaurants as well as under E-commerce permitted, provided delivery personnel is fully vaccinated.
- Industrial establishments/premises other than export-oriented industries and related to manufacture/production of essential services may also be made functional given all employees at the industries are fully vaccinated.
- Fertilizers/pesticide shops and warehouses are exempted from timing restrictions provided that the entire staff working at these premises is fully vaccinated.
- Small public transport (taxi, cab, rickshaw, Qingqi, etc) may ply within the city limits.
- Large public transport (buses, mini-buses, and wagons) may ply within the city limits for public transportation exclusively and only to and from the designated vaccination centres.
- The restriction of not carrying more than two persons in private vehicles is waived off.