Taliban announce the new government in Afghanistan.
- Head of State: Mullah Hassan Akhund
- First Deputy: Mullah Baradar
- Second Deputy: Mawlavi Hannafi
- Acting Minister of Defense: Mullah Yaqoub
- Acting Minister of Interior: Serajuddin Haqqani
- Finance Minister: Mullah Hidayatullah Badri
- Minister of Education: Sheikhhullah Munir
- Deputy Foreign Minister: Sher Muhammad Abbas
- Minister for Refugees: Khalil-ur-Rehman Haqqani
Taliban Spokesperson announced the decision at a press conference held on Tuesday evening, along with the names of the office-bearers.
“Mullah Muhammad Hassan Akhund will be the leader of the council minister of Afghanistan,” said Zabihullah Mujahid, Taliban Spokesperson.
Mujahid said that Hassan Akhund has been appointed acting prime minister, while Taliban co-founder Abdul Ghani Baradar will be the deputy Afghan prime minister.
Furthermore, the Taliban’s deputy leader Sirajuddin Haqqani will be the acting interior minister.
Political chief Sher Mohammad Abbas Stanikzai will be the acting deputy foreign minister and Mullah Yaqoob will be the acting defence minister, Mujahid added.
“It was agreed that we would announce a new government before a formal ceremony could be held,” Ahmadullah Wasiq had said earlier, adding “some members” of the cabinet would be announced at the press conference underway.