The coronavirus situation is worsening across the country.
During the last 24 hours, Pakistan has reported 144 Covid related deaths, the 3rd highest figure of this year.
According to National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC), 5,870 new infections were reported during the said period while the positivity ratio remained at 10.90 percent.
The death toll due to pandemic has now reached 16,842.
In Pakistan, there are now 84,976 active cases, meanwhile, the condition of 59 patients is stated to be critical.
The country also reported 5,685 coronavirus recoveries during the last 24 hours.
Punjab reported the highest number of casualties during the last 24 hours with 81 deaths, followed by Khyber Pakhtunkhwa with 39.
Region-wise breakdown of coronavirus cases and deaths reported during the last 24 hours is as follows:
- Punjab: 3,032 cases and 81 deaths
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: 1,171 cases and 39 deaths
- Sindh: 734 cases and 14 deaths
- Islamabad: 617 cases and 3 deaths
- Azad Jammu and Kashmir: 167 cases and 6 deaths
- Balochistan: 123 cases, and 1 death
- Gilgit-Baltistan: 26 cases
Earlier in the day, a meeting of the National Coordination Committee (NCC) was held with Prime Minister Imran Khan in the chair to review the prevailing coronavirus situation in the country.