Yet Another Reshuffle in Federal Cabinet!
Prime Minister Imran Khan has announced a massive reshuffle in the federal cabinet on Friday.
Shaukat Tareen has been appointed as the new finance minister. Tareen has replaced federal minister Hammad Azhar, who was appointed as the country’s finance minister a few weeks ago when the premier replaced him with Dr. Abdul Hafeez Shaikh.
Here are the new changes made to the portfolios of cabinet members:
- Fawad Chaudhry has been appointed the Minister for Information and Broadcasting, replacing Shibli Faraz
- Hammad Azhar has been appointed as the Minister for Energy, replacing Omar Ayub
- Khusro Bakhtiar has been appointed the Minister for Industries and Production
- Shibli Faraz has been appointed the Minister for Science and Technology, replacing Fawad Chaudhry
- Omar Ayub has been appointed as Minister for Economic Affairs, replacing Khusro Bakhtiar
Newly appointed Minister for Information and Broadcasting Fawad Chaudhry confirmed the news of the cabinet reshuffle in a tweet.
وزیر اعظم عمران خان نے کابینہ میں تبدیلیاں کی ہیں، ان تبدیلیوں کی تفصیل لف ہے۔ pic.twitter.com/Rld1raSAmt— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) April 16, 2021
It was last month when Shibli Faraz hinted about the prime minister’s intentions on reshuffling the cabinet, saying that he was bringing in a new team.