NCOC announces stricter Covid restrictions for 27 cities.
The 27 cities to go under stricter SOPs are as following:
Rawalpindi, Lahore, Faisalabad, Multan Khanewal, Mianwali, Sargodha, Khushab, Bahawalpur, Gujranwala, and Rahim Yar Khan in Punjab;
Peshawar, Abbottabad, Swat, Haripur, Mansehra, Lower Dir, Swabi, Swat, and Chitral in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa;
Islamabad; Muzaffarabad and Mirpur in Azad Kashmir;
Gilgit and Skardu in Gilgit-Baltistan.
On Aug 2, NCOC had revised its SOPs for 13 cities and today 14 more cities have been added to the list.
While NCOC will conduct a review of the SOPs on September 13.
As per the notification issued by NCOC on Sunday, the following restrictions will be implemented in the above-mentioned cities:
- All commercial activities — except essential services — to be closed at 8 pm
- Two days in a week to be observed as safe days with provinces free to choose
- Ban on indoor dining; outdoor dining allowed (till 10 pm), takeaway and delivery will continue
- Ban on indoor wedding ceremonies; outdoor wedding ceremonies with 300 guests allowed (till 10 pm)
- Ban on visiting shrines
- Cinemas to remain closed
- Contact sports to remain banned; indoor gyms allowed for vaccinated individuals
- Normal working hours for public and private offices with 50 percent staff attendance
- Public transport to operate with 50pc occupancy; rail services to operate with 70pc
- Amusement parks and swimming pools will remain closed; entry to public parks allowed subject to compliance with Covid-19 standard operating procedures
- Educational institutions across the country to remain open for three days a week with 50pc attendance