Smart lockdown imposed in 3 more areas of Karachi’s District Central on Wednesday evening.
The neighbourhoods to go under smart lockdown are located in Gulberg, North Karachi, and North Nazimabad.
According to a notification issued by the Sindh home department, lockdown will remain in effect till May 5.
In the affected neighbourhoods of the three localities, there are a total of 13 patients, the notification added.
The restrictions during the smart lockdown include:
- It will be mandatory for all citizens in these areas to wear a mask and unnecessary movement outside homes is prohibited.
- All traders and businessmen will have to keep their shops and offices closed.
- There is also a ban on pillion riding in the areas.
- Families will not be allowed to keep large gatherings.
- Those families which have a coronavirus patient they are caring for at home will have to remain under quarantine.
Meanwhile, the needy people in the areas under lockdown will be provided food supplies by the government as per the notification.
Earlier in the day, the Karachi administration imposed a micro smart lockdown in hotspots in District Keamari for two weeks in order to contain the spread of coronavirus.