Entertainment News

Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt defeats cancer, thanks everyone for prayers

"The last few weeks were a very difficult time for my family and me" says Dutt

Sanjay Dutt recoverySanjay Dutt thanks everyone for prayers - OyeYeah News
Views

Acclaimed Bollywood Sanjay Dutt has announced on Wednesday that he has recovered from the cancer.

The 61-year-old actor had been critically ill for a very long time and was undergoing treatment at Kokilaben Hospital in Mumbai.

In a statement put out on his social media, Sanjay Dutt said, “The last few weeks were a very difficult time for my family and me. But like they say, God gives the hardest battles to his strongest soldiers. And today, on the occasion of my kids’ birthday, I am happy to come out victorious from this battle and be able to give them the best gift I can-the health and well-being of our family.”

Read More: Sanjay Dutt Confirms He is Battling Cancer, Flaunts Scar in New Video

“This wouldn’t have been possible without the unwavering faith and support from all of you. I am eternally grateful to my family, friends and all the fans who have stood by me and been my source of strength through this trying time. Thank you for the love, kindness and the countless blessings that you have sent my way,” he further wrote.

Dutt also thanked the hospital staff for taking good care of his health. “I am especially grateful to Dr. Sewanti and her team of doctors, nurses and the medical staff at Kokilaben Hospital who have taken such good care of me in the last few weeks. Humbled and grateful.”

On the professional front, Sanjay Dutt has resumed the shooting of Yash starrer KGF: Chapter 2.

the authorSamra Mazhar