The limited-scale Hajj owing to the pandemic is underway in The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Five-day pilgrimage, this year, is confined only to residents of the Kingdom.
Pilgrims in Saudi Arabia begin performing Hajj from Sunday after arriving in pilgrims in Mina.
The believers today performed the Rukn–e–Azam of Hajj Waqoof e Arafat.
Sheikh Dr Bandar Baleelah delivered the Hajj Khutbah at Masjid Al Namirah, Arafat and and led the Hujjaj in combined Dhur/Asr Prayers.
In the Hajj sermon, Sheikh Bandar Bin Abdulaziz Baleelah, urged people to follow Prophet’s (PBUH) teachings regarding pandemics, saying that the Prophet (PBUH) had asked people to not go to an area where there’s a plague.
“The Holy Prophet (PBUH) said that people should not go out of the area where the plague has spread and people from other areas should not go there,” he said.
Hajj Sermon 1442 Excerpts
- O believers, fear Allah Almighty by obeying His commands, and you will win the great victory, and be successful in this world and the hereafter.
- It is from Allah’s goodness to His servants that He sends upon them the Books and He sent Messengers to guide mankind’
- Charity leads to the stability of the country and preserves the fabric of society
- Social solidarity achieves cohesion and maintains the unity of society
- Another Ihsan in the worship of Allah is to keep the performance of the five daily prayers on time
Saudi Arabia has allowed only 60,000 pilgrims to perform Hajj this year including its citizens and residents only.