The meeting decided that during the lockdown, all markets, shopping malls, other shops, and government offices will remain closed.
While pharmacies and medical stores will remain open but they will have to strictly implement Covid-19 SOPs.
The meeting also directed that the people seen on roads will be asked for their CNICs and vaccination cards. And those who haven’t received the vaccine will be fined.
- Unvaccinated people will not receive their salaries after Aug 31
- There will be a ban on inter-city travel
- All markets will remain closed. However, pharmacies and groceries (till 6 pm) will remain open.
- Restaurants will only be allowed to deliver food. No takeaway allowed.
- Exams cancelled during lockdown period
- No restriction on movement of citizens
- Vaccination cards of citizens roaming the streets will be checked
- Vaccination centres to remain open during lockdown
- All govt offices will be closed from next week
Karachi’s positivity rate has shot up to 30% amid a surge in Delta variant cases.
A micro smart lockdown was imposed in Gulberg, North Nazimabad, North Karachi, Liaquatabad, and other union councils of Karachi on Thursday.
These areas reported 506 cases of the Delta variant.