The authorities in Karachi on Monday have sealed a gym facility located in the city’s DHA locality along with two other cafes for violating COVID-19 SOPs.
According to a statement from Deputy Commissioner South’s office, the action was taken against the above-mentioned business over violations of coronavirus standard operating procedures.
As being reported, in the DHA area, the gym facility of The Forty-Two Day Challenge was sealed. To be noted no indoor gathering is allowed at places like sports facilities, gyms, theatres, shrines during the pandemic.
While the Saddar assistant commissioner sealed Cafe Arafat in Saddar as it was offering indoor dining services which are prohibited due to pandemic.
A similar action was taken by the Garden assistant commissioner and sealed a roadside cafe in Ranchor Lines over SOPs violations.
Earlier in November 2020, the Sindh government announced new measures to curb the spread of COVID-19 in the province to be effective till 31st January 2021.
The SOPs include:
– Wearing masks mandatory at all public/private offices.
– No indoor marriage ceremonies, only outdoor with a maximum of 200 guests. No buffet only packed boxes of food.
– Only 50% staff at offices.
– All business, except essential services, on Friday and Sunday.
– Business timings from 6 am to 6 pm.
– Closure of all indoor gathering places including sports facilities, gyms, theatres, shrines.
– Restaurants, outdoor dining and take away till 10:00 pm
However, on Jan. 23, the government of Sindh in a new decision has allowed shopping malls to remain open on weekends.
According to the notification, shopping malls will now be allowed to operate seven days a week under the government’s COVID-19 standard operating procedures (SOPs).