As being reported, members of the task force, the Sindh Health Department, and health experts attended the meeting to review the ongoing situation in Karachi.
CM stated that with the public’s cooperation, the ongoing coronavirus wave will be brought under control.
The task force will reconvene in a few days, and further decisions will be taken after a review, he added.
Following Key decisions were taken during Saturday’s meeting:
- Educational activities in the province will continue as usual.
- All hospitals, both public and private, will be surveyed for capacity and need.
- Wearing a mask in wedding halls, markets, and public places will be mandatory.
- Food will be distributed in boxes during the wedding ceremonies.
- Only vaccinated individuals will be allowed in the markets, with administration checking vaccination card records.
- Restaurants that do not comply with COVID-19 SOPs will face charges.
- Additionally, the meeting determined to intensify immunization campaigns throughout the province and to carefully adhere to SOPs.
On the other hand, the country faces the fifth wave of the deadly virus fueled by the omicron variant, and the largest city of the country has the highest rate of covid positive cases.
In the last 24 hours, 2846 cases of the coronavirus have been reported in Karachi, among those 430 people have tested positive for the omicron variant.
Karachi’s coronavirus positivity rate has surged to 35.30%!
So far 430 Omicron variant cases have been detected in Karachi.
Meanwhile, the coronavirus positivity rate in Muzaffarabad was 11.9%, Rawalpindi 9.9%, Lahore 8.5%, Peshawar 5.4%, and Hyderabad 5.1%.