ECB apologizes for cancelling the Pakistan tour!
England Cricket Board (ECB) Chairman Ian Watmore has offered an apology over last week’s late withdrawal from the Pakistan tour.
In a statement, ECB Chairman Ian Watmore said that the people in Pakistan were really upset with ECB’s decision to withdraw from the Pakistan tour.
He said that the decision was taken by the cricket board and the players were not consulted about it.
“I’m very sorry to anyone who feels hurt or let down by our decision, particularly in Pakistan”, he said.
“The decision the board made was an extremely difficult one and the board made it with the primary consideration being the welfare and mental health of our players and staff,” he added.
Ian Watmore also insisted England would commit to a full tour comprising three Tests and five one-day internationals next winter.
Fawad Chaudhry welcomes ECB apology:
Federal Minister for Information and Broadcast Fawad Chaudhry has welcomed the England Cricket Board (ECB) decision to tour Pakistan next year.
In a tweet, he said: “Announcement of ECB to visit Pakistan next year is a welcome step,I would like to thank stars of the cricket world, the diplomatic community, Media And Cricket lovers around the world on their support for Pakistan Cricket, yet again Pak has emerged as a strong and resilient nation.”
Announcement of ECB to visit Pakistan next year is a welcome step,I would like to thank stars of cricket world, diplomatic community, Media And Cricket lovers around the world on their support for pakistan Cricket, yet again Pak has emerged as strong and resilient nation— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) September 29, 2021