Sports News

FIFA U-20, U-17 World Cups Moved To 2023 Due To COVID-19

Soccer’s world governing body FIFA made official announcment on Thursday

Views

FIFA U-20, U-17 World Cups have been moved to 2023 due to COVID-19.

Soccer’s world governing body FIFA on Thursday said that the next year’s men’s Under-20 World Cup in Indonesia and Under-17 tournament in Peru have been moved to 2023 due to the COVID-19 pandemic,

“The COVID-19 pandemic continues to present challenges for the hosting of international sporting events and to have a restrictive effect on international travel,” FIFA said in a statement.

“FIFA would like to express its gratitude to the host member associations, as well as the authorities in Indonesia and Peru, for their commitment and the tournament preparations made so far.”

the authorSaman Siddiqui
Saman Siddiqui, A freelance journalist with a Master’s Degree in Mass Communication and MS in Peace and Conflict Studies. Associated with the media industry since 2006. Experience in various capacities including Program Host, Researcher, News Producer, Documentary Making, Voice Over, Content Writing Copy Editing, and Blogging, and currently associated with OyeYeah since 2018, working as an Editor.