Clean and Green Pakistan is our vision says, PM Imran Khan!
Addressing the Tiger Force in Naran on Monday, PM said that they will have to leave a lush green Pakistan for the next generations.
“Perhaps any country in the world has beauty similar to Pakistan,” he added.
The prime minister said that locals should be appointed to stop the illegal felling of trees.
“We will have to stop the spread of filth along the Kunhar River,” he said.
“The Ten Billion Tree Tsunami Programme will change the environment,” he said, adding “Improved tourism will generate jobs and ensure prosperity in the country.”
The premier also warned that illegal forest cutting would not be tolerated.
He added the Kaghan valley has the potential to attract more tourists than any other place in the world.
During his visit, PM Khan inaugurated various development projects for the promotion of tourism and environmental protection in the area.
The newly inaugurated projects included:
- Tree plantation on the banks of Kunhar River,
- Distribution of motorbikes among Community River Rangers,
- Raising trout fish in Kunhar River,
- Provision of 5.5 million eco-friendly biodegradable bags, and emergency response service for tourists
- Delivery of machinery and equipment for waste collection.