Refrigerator’s compressor explosion leaves 7 injured in Karachi’s hospital on Sunday.
As reported, a refrigerator’s compressor exploded in a storeroom inside the emergency ward of Sindh Government Hospital in the city’s Liaquatabad area.
At least seven people, including a two-year-old child, suffered burn injuries amid the exposition.
According to the rescue officials, “Soon after the blast, fire engulfed the entire ward [within no time].”
Dr Attique, the hospital’s Medical Superintendent (MS), said that an emergency was imposed in the hospital following the explosion, adding that the medical staff and the patients were being moved to another location.
As soon as the incident was reported, rescue teams rushed to the hospital site and extinguished the fire while a bomb disposal squad was also called in.
The bomb disposable squad after inspection concluded that a refrigerator’s compressor exploded due to a short circuit in the store room of the emergency department of the hospital.
The explosion injured “few people” and caused “minor damage”, the BDS report added.