NCOC announces lifting additional Covid-19 restrictions in 18 districts of KP, Punjab, and Islamabad.
Federal Minister for Development, Planning and Special Initiatives Asad Umar made an announcement on Tuesday about the lifting of additional non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPIs) in 18 of 24 districts where the restrictions were imposed earlier this month amid high coronavirus prevalence.
The decision had been taken after a decline was observed in coronavirus cases in the said districts.
However, in six districts — Lahore, Faisalabad, Gujrat, Sargodha, and Bannu — where the prevalence of Covid-19 remained comparatively high, additional restrictions would remain till September 15 but with some changes.
Covid-19 restrictions elsewhere in the country were being extended till September 30, the deadline for eligible individuals to get fully vaccinated announced Asad Umer.
Changes in Covid restrictions are as follows:
- Intercity transport allowed with 50pc occupancy
- Schools to reopen with 50pc attendance
- Outdoor dining allowed until midnight
- Gyms and amusement parks to open for fully vaccinated citizens
- Restriction lifted on outdoor gatherings of up to 400 guests