Last year a deadly virus spread all around the globe and many billion people got infected and millions have died. The world has ramped up testing capacities to identify patients and bring contagious diseases under control.
The Pakistani government has taken some serious measures regarding COVID’19, they have enforced a smart lockdown and banned the in house dine-in to prevent the coronavirus outbreak.
Members of the medical fraternity insist that only by increasing testing possibilities, isolating infectious individuals, and equipping healthcare workers with sufficient protective gear will the war against Covid-19 be won.
When to get checked?
The sooner the coronavirus diagnosis the safer it is for you and the other people. Here’s is the list of symptoms you need to know on when one should get himself/herself checked;
- If you have a fever and cough, you should get your covid’19 test done because they are usually the first to arrive.
- In some cases, fever and cough are followed by a sore throat.
- If you feel any headache, muscle aches and pains, nausea, or have diarrhea.
- Gastrointestinal issues can appear earlier in the course of an infection.
- Patients with severe infections tend to develop difficulty breathing.
Don’t fear Covid-19, get yourself tested;
Tests for COVID-19 include the diagnostic procedure for polymerase chain reaction (PCR), which is a nasal swab. There’s also an antibody test, a blood test that can tell you whether you’ve had a prior infection. For the new coronavirus, the incubation period is around 5 to 7 days, but it may be up to 14 days.
Free Test Facility in Karachi
You can get yourself tested free of cost for Coronavirus. A patient suspected of manifesting coronavirus symptoms should visit a public or private hospital designated by the government. Other government facilities around the country are also testing free of cost like drive-through testing facilities. However, some private labs are also independently testing individuals for the virus against a fee.
These are the list of hospitals and other testing facilities for Covid’19;
- Advanced Diagnostic Centre – Karachi
- Aga Khan University Hospital – Karachi
- Chughtai Lab, Karachi
- Dow University of Health Sciences, Ojha – Karachi
- Dr. Ruth Pfau Civil Hospital – Karachi
- Ziauddin Hospital – Karachi
- Indus Hospital – Karachi
- PNS Shifa – Karachi
- SIUT – Karachi
- Drive-through testing facility – Karachi
If you are looking for a free cost Covid test, you should go to either the government Hospitals or the drive-through testing facilities. Some of the government hospitals are offering testing services at home.