Amid a surge in COVID-19 positive cases in the metropolis, the Administration of Karachi has announced imposing a smart lockdown in various neighborhoods and localities of four districts.
The restrictions will come into effect from 12 am today (November 21) till 7 pm on December 5.
According to the notification, the movement of the residents of the following areas will be restricted and they will not be allowed to hold gatherings in homes as well.
The lockdown was imposed in several streets in the following areas:
- Blocks 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18 and 19 of Gulberg
- Blocks B, C, D, G, L, N, and 14-B of North Nazimibad
- Firdous Colony, Nazimabad No 4, 3 and 1 in Nazimabad
- Sector 11-A, Sector 11-B, Sector 11-E, and Sector 5C-1 of New Karachi.
Three streets of DHA’s Khayaban-e-Momin, Khayaban Badban, and Khayaban-e-Ittihad. And one in Bath Island will remain under lockdown until active cases come down to zero.
Two areas in Surjani Town and Gulshan-i-Maymar to go under lockdown from Nov 22 to Dec 5.
- Several houses in UC-02 Nasir Colony
- UC-07 Al Falah
- UC-01 Model Colony to remain under lockdown from Nov 21 to Dec 5.