Hollywood News

‘Sex and the City’ actor Chris Noth hit with the fourth sexual assault claim

The accusation comes after three other women alleged that Mr Noth had sexually assaulted them in 2004, 2010 and 2015.

Chris Noth sexual assault allegations'Sex and the City' actor Chris Noth | OyeYeah News
Views

‘Sex and the City’ actor Chris Noth has been hit with the fourth sexual assault claim, it emerges on Friday!

Singer-songwriter Lisa Gentile in a press conference alleged that she was “sexually victimized” and “sexually abused” by Chris Noth in 2002.

Gentile, 54, told a virtual press conference she had first met the actor at a New York City restaurant in 1998.

One night in 2002, she said that Mr. Noth accompanied her to her apartment and she “quickly became uncomfortable”.

She claimed Noth forcibly pulled her, kissed her, and touched her breasts.

I was trying to get him to stop,” Gentile said.

She went on the add that the day after the alleged incident, Noth called her and said if she “ever told a soul about what happened the night before, that he would ruin my career, I would never sing again and he would blacklist me in the business.”

Prior to Gentile’s press conference, two women anonymously told The Hollywood Reporter, in a report published last week, that Noth assaulted them on separate occasions, in 2004 and 2015.

The revelations came shortly after, a third woman spoke to The Daily Beast, alleging Chris Noth of sexual assault in 2010.

In the wake of the allegations, Noth was swiftly dropped by his talent agency, A3 Artists Agency.

The actor has also been fired from the CBS series “The Equalizer.”

On the other hand, days before The Hollywood Reporter exposé was published, Noth’s character Mr. Big was surprisingly killed off the HBO Max reboot, “And Just Like That.”

American actor who played the character of Mr. Big in the hugely popular Sex and the City series – the main love interest for Sarah Jessica Parker’s protagonist, in a statement said that the encounters with both women were consensual.

“The accusations against me made by individuals I met years, even decades, ago are categorically false,” he said in a statement.

“The accusations against me made by individuals I met years, even decades, ago are categorically false,” the statement reads.

“These stories could’ve been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago — no always means no — that is a line I did not cross. The encounters were consensual. It’s difficult not to question the timing of these stories coming out. I don’t know for certain why they are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women.”

On Dec 20, Noth’s Sex and the City costars Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon, and Kristin Davis issued a joint statement about the situation where they made it clear they support the accusers coming forward and believe their stories.

“We are deeply saddened to hear the allegations against Chris Noth,” Parker posted in an Instagram story that was also shared on Twitter by Nixon.

“We support the women who have come forward and shared their painful experiences. We know it must be a very difficult thing to do and we commend them for it.”

the authorNewsDesk